Most people in our society need a detox. We are surrounded by toxins in our environment from pollution and chemicals. Many of us even eat and drink substances that can lead to toxic build up because our body is not adept at digesting them, such as processed snacks and soda. Signs of a toxic build up include but are not limited to:
- Stubborn weight gain
- Skin problems
- Low energy
- Bad breath
- Mood swings
- Muscular aches and pains
- Chronic fatigue
- Relentless body odor
- Excess belly fat
If you have one or more of these symptoms, it is worthwhile to consider doing a detox. Detoxing means cleansing your body of preservatives, pollutants, and any other substance that has become trapped and thereby toxic. This can be accomplished most simply by altering your diet. While it is important to change your food habits as well, here we are simply offering 5 detox drink recipes to get you started. Your body, especially your metabolism, will thank you!
- Slice a cleaned, peeled (or unpeeled depending on your preference) cucumber into 1/2 inch slices.
- Combine cucumber slices in water. Allow to marinate for at least an hour. (For best results, allow it to marinate overnight in the refrigerator.)
- Simply add the juice of one fresh lemon to warm or cold water.
- If it is too tart for you to handle, we welcome a small spoonful of honey.
- Add juice of 1/2 lemon to glass of water.
- Finely grate 1/2 inch knob of peeled ginger root into the glass by using a zester. Enjoy!
- In a large pitcher, add sliced lemon, lime, and/or orange. Then, add into the citrus pile a hearty amount of rosemary.
- Pour filtered water over the top. Add ice if you prefer. Keep refrigerated, let soak for at least an hour.
- Combine 1 tbsp raw, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp honey, and juice of ¼ lemon into a glass of warm or cold water.
- Gently stir until everything is evenly dissolved, then sip away!
All 5 of these drinks are great for sipping on throughout the day to encourage your body to begin the detoxification process. However, we have designed a tea blend specifically meant for the morning and evening. These blends, Morning Boost and Evening De-Stress contain some of the ingredients we mentioned above and move, carefully and masterfully pairing them together in order that your body should reap the most benefits possible. Our system is simple: one cup in the morning and one cup at night. We have done most of the work for you, just steep and enjoy!
Learn more and order today by clicking on the photo below.