Only have a few minutes to exercise? No time to prep for the gym, travel there, and then make it all the way back home? Great! Because with a few simple mind shifts and preparations, you can get a strong workout in the comfort of your own home.
We created the 'ACT' method (Acclimate, Create, Transform) to help you make the most of the few minutes that you have:
A: Acclimate. Get comfortable.
- Make sure you have a mat to do abdominal workouts or stretches on
- Learn how to open up your living room or workout space to create the energy you need
- Stay focused and not distracted while the workout timer is running
- Lunges, jump squats, and push-ups are some classic, simple at home-friendly exercises
- Make sure not to just ‘push’ but also pull (maybe get a pull-up bar for your door frames)
- Take care of your body after as well! Drink, stretch, and relax easily after an at-home workout
- Everyday items can be perfect props (ex: use chairs as benches to do tricep dips)
- Anything heavy is worth lifting: boxes, books, furniture, etc.
- Just make it fun and repurpose your everyday items into exercise power tools!