Sometimes our body asks for major Detox, right? A lot of the foods we all love to eat around the holidays and weekends are the unfortunate ones that cause inflammation. Read below how to detoxify your body and feel less bloated with the 28-day anti-inflammatory diet.
What is an Anti Inflammatory Diet?
An anti-inflammatory diet meal plan can help stabilize blood sugar and increase metabolism, while also helping you lose weight. To achieve better results combine that with a Detox Tea at the mornings and nights.
Besides the Detox Tea, food plays an important role in fighting inflammation. Summing up what you should be eating while detoxifying and what you should be avoiding:
- Anti Inflammatory Food: Tomatoes, leafy green vegetables (spinach, kale), fatty fish (salmon, tuna), cultured foods (kimchi and pickled veggies) nuts, extra virgin olive oil, avocado and coconut oil, and fruits like blueberries, strawberries, and cherries.
- Inflammatory Food: Processed food, baked sweets, fried foods, dairy, alcohol, and lots of gluten.
It sounds hard at first but we will help you out and give you a few ideas of easy and healthy recipes:
- 6 oz skinless salmon fillet (170 g)
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil as needed
- 1 lemon,
- sliced fresh thyme
Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Cover a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil on the salmon, then season with salt and pepper. Top with lemon slices and thyme. Bake for 10-12 minutes. (The salmon should flake easily with a fork when it’s ready.)
1. Bring water to a boil over high heat. Add the cauliflower florets; cover and steam 5 minutes or just until tender.
2. Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl. Add bell peppers, red onion, parsley, chopped olives, crushed red pepper, and celery; toss gently to combine.
3. Combine oil, juice, vinegar, black pepper, and salt, stirring with a whisk. Pour dressing over vegetables; toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese; toss gently to combine.
4. Cover and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes to 1 hour. (To serve chilled, refrigerate up to 4 hours.) Sprinkle with celery leaves, if desired.